What gaming chair does Dream use? He uses Respawn 900, a racing-style recliner chair with a flip-up footrest, segmented padding, wide armrests, and an ergonomic seat and back support.
It is a common question from Dream’s fans and opponents. Many are always curious to know the gaming arsenal, particularly the chair that makes Dream a star in streaming and gaming.
Since a mere mention would not be enough to help you judge whether the Respawn 900 is worthy of owning, we have delved into the chair’s nuts and bolts to help you make an informed decision.
Who is Dream? A Brief Background
Dream is a renowned YouTuber and Twitch Streamer based in United States. He runs seven YouTube channels, with over 39 million subscribers and 3 billion views. His channels were once ranked among the fastest-growing channels on Youtube.
Dream rose to stardom in 2019 after uploading videos demonstrating his superb skill in playing Minecraft. From his videos, it was evident that Dream was a great speedrunner worth emulating.
That is why his gaming arsenal, especially his chair, has been a topic of discussion in the world’s gaming community. In view of that, we have revealed and reviewed the particular chair to help settle your curiosity.
What Gaming Chair does Dream Use – Respawn 900
- CONSOLE GAMING COMFORT provided by a plush removable headrest pillow and segmented padding that lead to the ultimate experience -- a fully functional gaming recliner that lets you level up while...
- CONTROLS AND DRINKS AT THE READY with a removable side pouch that hangs off the left arm to keep game controllers close and a cupholder built into the left arm so you don't have to pause the gaming...
- CONTINUOUS SURFACE WITH INDEPENDENT CONTROLS. The chair and footrest are a continuous surface, no open spaces to get wires caught, but operate independently to give you total control over your gaming...
- RECLINE WITH CONFIDENCE. Comfortably recline up to 135-degrees and feel secure because the 360-degree swivel base provides sturdy support for both the extendable footrest and reclining back --...
Respawn 900 Specs
- Removable headrest
- Wide armrests
- Integrated cup holder and storage pouch
- Flip-up footrest
- 275 weight limit
- Reclines to 135 degrees
- Swivels 360 degrees
- Pedestal base
- Segmented padding
It is a shared belief that stars prefer high-end products from big brands.
However, that was not the case with Dream.
Instead of going for a high-end gaming chair from respected brands like DXRacer, Cooler Master, or Secret Lab Titan, he settled on Respawn 900, a mid-range, racing-style chair from HNI Corporation.
If you wonder why Dream decided to pick Respawn 900 from the vast array of gaming chairs out there, this detailed review will help you determine if its comfort, construction, design, and value are worth his gaming standards.
Respawn 900 Manufacturer—HNI Corporation
The Respawn 900 gaming chair was designed by OFM, a subsidiary of HNI Corporation. HNI has been making state-of-the-art furniture for home and office use since 1947. The Respawn gaming chairs stand among the company’s most popular products.
The chairs are tested and proven to offer commercial-grade durability and all-day comfort. All racing style recliners from HNI Corporation have an ergonomic design that aligns your body naturally.
They will save you from poor posture, back pain, hip pressure, and neck pain.
Besides manufacturing premium-quality chairs, HNI Corporation provides professional customer services rooted in integrity and honesty. That means buying from HNI will reduce the headache of dealing with less-reputable manufacturers.
Dream’s Chair: The Respawn 900 Review
At first glance, you will notice that HNI Corporation built Respawn 900 with a gamer’s comfort and convenience in mind.
The chair appears generously padded, well built, and classy. It comes in five design variations to help you buy one that blends well with your gaming room’s interior furnishing.
Most of the features are commonly found on high-end gaming chairs. The most noteworthy details on this gaming chair include:
1. Ergonomic Design
Respawn 900’s back support, head pillow, armrests, and seat have generous padding to relieve stress on your spine, neck, hips, lower back, and other pressure points.
The generous padding offers the utmost comfort and support to gamers who spend several hours gaming, delving on a novel, or watching favorite movies.
Besides the generous padding, this racing-style chair reclines to take the load off your spine, thereby improving posture and blood circulation.
An easy-to-access lever near the footrest will let you adjust the recline angle from 90 to 135 degrees.
The Respawn 900 gaming chair swivels 360 degrees to help you reach different areas of your desk with great convenience.
Nonetheless, some gamers complain that the chair does not swivel smoothly, a feature intended to minimize the chances of accidental swiveling.
2. Rugged Build Quality
Dream’s racing style gaming chair boasts a sturdy metal frame that can withstand a maximum weight capacity of 275 pounds. The rugged frame will endure the damage occasioning from regular use, swiveling, and reclining for a couple of years.
Respawn 900 isn’t something cheap that will disappoint after a short period of use.
The gaming chair is covered with faux leather, one of the most durable fabrics used as seat covers. The synthetic leather is highly resistant to staining and fading.
Also, the leather is resistant to scratching and tearing. With these qualities, the Respawn 900 gaming chair will maintain a fresh appearance for years to come.
3. Comfy and Wide Armrests
The Respawn 900 gaming chair features wide armrests to rest your hands while taking a breather off a gaming session. The chair’s left armrest has a cup holder, which provides a secure place for your water bottle or beverage can, thereby eliminating the risk of accidental spills.
A pouch on the left armrest provides storage space for small-sized gaming accessories like the mouse, gamepad, and mouse pad.
You can also store your phone, keys, headsets, gaming controller, and other personal effects in the removable pouch.
Though the armrests enhance comfort and convenience, some gamers who have tried the chair claim that Respawn 900 would have been better if the armrests’ height could be adjustable.
4. Flip-up Footrest
Respawn 900 does not just support your upper body and hands, but it supports your legs too.
Thanks to an integrated footrest that flips up to support your legs under the knees or calves. The footrest raises legs to improve blood circulation, as well as relieve excess pressure from your spine.
It is an indispensable feature for gamers who spend several hours on their chair.
You can retract the flip-up footrest whenever you do not wish to raise your legs, or you want to save some space in your gaming or living room.
In place of the wheeled base found on many gaming chairs, Respawn 900 has a stationary pedestal base which offers first-rate stability. The chair will recline and swivel without feeling wobbly as those with casters.
Since the pedestal base is designed from metal, Respawn 900 will save you from the inconveniences and expenses of replacing worn-out casters. The base is covered with faux leather to enhance the seat’s aesthetics and protect it from elements.
Ease of Assembly
Assembling Respawn 900 is straightforward.
Anyone with basic do-it-yourself skills can execute the task independently. To set up the chair, you will need to fix the pedestal base to the bottom of the seat and then bolt the back support to the backside of the seat.
Finally, you will need to attach the armrests to the sides of the seat.
The seat comes along with all the screws needed to set up the chair along with a detailed user guide to walk you through the assembly process bit by bit.
Respawn 900 vs AutoFull
- Chair Design Inspiration: AutoFull grows up with innovating and evolving spirits.Brighe colors and soft seat cushion empower this chair with fashion and comfortable.It is easy for young people to find...
- Seat Cushion Upgrade:The fully-wrapped cushion improves sitting comfort better. 5.1in integrated high-density foam ensures the long-lasting using without deformation.
- High Quality Material:On the cushions headrests,and lumbar pullows, High quality Wear-resistant Super Soft PU leather is used to make players more comfortable to sit and touch.On the Chair SGS4-level...
- Multifunctional Adjustment: 2D armrests lift function allows you to put the chair under the table,and the rotation function can adapt to differrnt postures . The 155° tilt functiong of the gaming...
AutoFull Gaming chair highlights
- Height-adjustable armrest
- Lumbar pillow
- Swivels 360 degrees
- Reclines between 90-170 degrees
- Heavy-duty metal frame
- 350 pounds weight limit
- PU leather cover
- Carbon fiber padding
- SG4S 4-level gas lift
The Autofull racing-style gaming chair falls in the same price range as Respawn 900. Upon a closer examination, Respawn 900 seems to offer a better value for the dollar than this rival.
Its pedestal base is stable and durable, the wide armrests offer superior comfort, and the inbuilt cup holder and pouch enhance your convenience when gaming. The AutoFull racing style chairs outweighs Respawn 900 in weight capacity.
Both the Respawn 900 and Autofull racing style gaming chairs are super comfortable. They have generous padding on the footrest, seat, armrests, and back support.
However, Autofull’s racing-style gaming chair provides more refined support than Respawn 900.
You can adjust the armrest of the Autofull racing chair to your most comfortable resting position.
However these features are not available on Respawn 900.
Respawn 900 and Autofull gaming chairs have a robust metallic frame that can offer years of service when used within limits. The frame will not wear up quickly due to regular reclining, swiveling, and exposure to elements.
Nevertheless, the Autofull gaming chair’s metallic frame seems sturdier since it can accommodate a weight limit of 350 pounds. On the other hand, Respawn 900 can only manage a maximum weight of 275 pounds.
Both Respawn 900 and Autofull’s gaming chair are covered with synthetic leather, an accessible, clean, stain-resistant material. The synthetic leather will hold up well even when you use your chair regularly.
Respawn 900 vs DXRacer
DXRacer Gaming Chair Highlights
- ✅ NO1. Gaming Chair Brand | Born in 2001, DXRacer is the first and original brand of the modern gaming chair. As the leading premium brand of gaming chairs, DXRacer is world-renowned and available...
- ✅ Your Entry-level Racing Chair | The Formula Series is our first series and the world's most sold gaming chair due to its affordable entry-level price for the premium seating experience it offers....
- ✅ Top Gaming Seat For Gamers | To deliver gamers the highest levels of quality and comfort, our products are manufactured with high-quality materials for the covering, higher-density mold shaping...
- ✅ We’ve Got You Covered | Built with ergonomics in mind, DXRacer chairs are the perfect gaming rig for gamers and streamers. Thanks to the tilt mechanism, adjustable seat height, fully adjustable...
- High-density molding foam
- Tilt Mechanism
- 200 pounds weight limit
- Headrest and Lumbar cushion
- Metallic frame
- Class 4 gas lift
- Adjustable seat height
- Reclines from 90 to 135 degrees
- 360 degrees swivel
- Integrated lumbar cushion
DXRacer’s racing-style gaming chair is a bit more expensive than Respawn 900.
This chair has a couple of features that are not available in Respawn 900.
The DX Racer comes with a lumbar pillow, a gas lift, a height-adjustable headrest, and smoothly moving casters. The chair is a good buy for users who are looking for a more comfortable chair that can be adjusted to fit their height.
The DXRacer racing-style gaming chair has the upper hand over the Respawn 900 when it comes to comfort. The gaming chair comes fitted with a class 4 gas lift to help you adjust the chair’s height according to your body and gaming desk.
Besides the adjustable seat height, DXRacer boasts a generously padded seat, lumbar pillow, headrest, and back support. The high-density mold shaping foam used on the chair adjusts itself according to your body’s contours to relieve stress on pressure points.
Respawn 900 and its competitor DXRacer Racing Style Gaming Chair are equal in durability. Their frames are made from heavy-duty metal, capable of withstanding heavy use, as well as the impact of frequent swiveling and reclining.
However, the DXRacer gaming chair has a maximum load of 200 pounds, while its rival Respawn 900 has a maximum weight limit of 270 pounds.
DXRacer racing-style gaming chair’s frame and padding are covered by PU leather. The material is easy to clean, and it does not fade, stain, or get unsightly scratches quickly. Rest assured that your chair will maintain its new looks for years.
Respawn 900 vs Respawn 110
- GAMIFIED SEATING: A racecar-style gaming chair that provides luxury and comfort, whether it's used for intense gaming sessions and climbing to the top of the leaderboards, or long work days.
- ERGONOMIC COMFORT: With segmented padded designed to give highly contoured support when and where you need it most, this ergonomic chair is also equipped with an extendable footrest for position...
- PREMIUM MAKE: Upholstered in bold, contrasting colors but maintains a professional look, this gamer chair can also be used as an office chair. Gaming chair includes a 275 pound weight capacity for...
- 4D ADJUSTABILITY: Find your optimal position by raising or lowering your chair and reclining between 90 - 155 degrees with infinite locking positions. Soft, padded armrests pivot with the chair as it...
Respawn 110 Highlights
- Bonded leather cover
- Segmented padding
- Adjustable headrest
- 275 pounds weight capacity
- Reclines between 90-155 degrees
- Padded armrests
- Extendable footrest
- Lumbar support pillow
- Swivels 360 degrees
The Respawn 110 is a budget choice for gamers and streamers from HNI Corporation. This chair’s ergonomics, comfort, design, and construction can match that of Respawn 900 and other pricier gaming chairs.
Respawn 110 provides the support needed for intense gaming. Its comfort level is similar to that of Respawn 900. Its seat, back support, and armrests have generous padding that reduces stress on your spine and neck.
Furthermore, Respawn 110 has a lumbar and head pillow to support your head and lower back and a footrest to help you stretch your body after a long day of gaming, streaming, or working on your desk.
Like the Respawn 900, the Respawn 110 is made from a heavy-duty metal frame that can endure the wear occasioning from regular use, swiveling, and reclining. The frame can support a weight load of 275lbs.
There are a few downsides to this gaming chair.
Its casters will need regular replacements, and the bonded leather can start peeling if not given proper care. Respawn 900’s faux leather and pedestal base will outlive Respawn 100’s bonded leather and casters.
So now that we know what Gaming Chair does Dream use and we also know its features, pros and cons we hope you will be able to make a decision whether to buy it or not. You can also see how it compares with few other similar gaming chairs in the same price point like DX Racer, Respawn 110 and Autofull.
One of the amazing features of the Respawn 900 chair is that it reclines to 135 degrees, and it has a padded footrest to support your legs around the knee and calves.
Something that is very unique in the market.
Apart from this, Respawn 900’s metallic frame, and synthetic leather construction will endure heavy use for a prolonged period.
It is an excellent pick for gamers and streamers who spend several hours on their gaming screen. We hope the post helped you make a decision.