Whether in your office or your work-station at home, you might need to sit on your office chair for extended hours, and bum sweat is common in those cases. Wet spots from butt sweat can leave marks on your chairs, which are both embarrassing and damaging for your seat cushion and cause worry. The question is how to stop the bum sweat that sometimes appear on chairs?
We have come up with a few helpful tips to stop bum sweat on chairs. So let’s take a look!
What are the ways to avoid bum sweat on chairs?
These tips if followed will help you to avoid the sweat marks on your chairs.
1. Avoid having to sit at the same place for a longer period
If you have to sit in your office for quite a long time, you are bound to be sweaty around the butt area.
We would suggest you stand and move around every chance you get. That way, you can prevent the sweat from storing up. Moving around and getting fresh air also keeps you dry and cool.
You can simply get up to go to the bathroom or get yourself coffee. A simple break during the long sitting session helps a lot!I
If for some reason you are so busy that you cannot get off the seat due to work or if you are in a habit of sitting for long periods of time, then look at number 2 on our list.
2. Use a Seat Cushion with a Cooling Gel Pad
- LUXURY CAR SEAT: 1.25" of Purple Grid support for a major upgrade for commutes and long road trips.
- NO-PRESSURE SUPPORT: The Grid cradles your tailbone while cushioning the rest of your seat.
- COOL COMFORT: Hundreds of air channels paired with a temperature-neutral material mean you're not stuck with a sweaty seat.
- LONG-LASTING DURABILITY: Engineered to bounce back and withstand wear and tear from normal use. (It's even covered by a one-year warranty!)
If you cannot avoid sitting for extended hours in your office or if you have work from home, a gel relief seat cushion is all you need.
A seat cushion with a gel pad under the memory foam is a relief.
These cushions are specifically designed to keep your butt cool without letting the heat build-up around your buttock area.
Some of the best seat cushions with cooling pads that you can get for your chair are
- Purple Seat Cushion
- Cushion Lab Pressure Relief Seat Cushion
- GSeat Lite Travel Gel and Foam seat Cushion
We have actually researched and compiled a list of best breathable seat cushions for you.
3. Avoid using Leather Chair
Leather chairs are probably the worst idea if you are dealing with butt sweat issues.
You may have noticed every time you get up from your chair, a sweat spot is there waiting to be seen. Leather chairs tend to cause the problem.
You can solve the problem by getting a good quality mesh chair since mesh is more breathable than leather.
If you only have leather chairs in office and have no other options but to sit on them then you can use a Turkish towel.
- ✅ Made in Turkey: This beach towel is made of 100% cotton and is very soft to the touch. It's also oversized, measuring 38 x 64 inches, making it perfect for lying on the sand or wrapping yourself...
- ✅ Soft and luxurious : These Turkish towels are soft to the touch, making it a perfect choice for those with sensitive skin. The absorbent fabric will also make sure that you stay dry and...
- ✅ Quick Dry: If you're looking for a towel that will dry quickly, so you can spend more time in the water, then our Turkish beach towel is perfect for you. Made with 100% cotton, this towel is...
- ✅ Multi Purpose: Our Turkish beach towels are not only absorbent and soft, but also versatile enough to use as a beach blanket, sarong, cover up or tablecloth. So whether you're headed to the beach...
You can keep a Turkish towel in your drawer or just leave it on your chair’s back. So when you leave your desk and go somewhere just leave that on the chair to hide your buttock sweat marks.
You can make double use of a Turkish towel by using it as a blanket or probably as a stole.
4. Use Cleaning Liquid for Chairs
- Simple & Non-Toxic - Condition & protect in one simple step to maintain any finished leather surface
- Use On - Use regularly on accessories such as leather, purses, shoes, boots, briefcases & handbags
- Protect - UVX - Sunscreen protects all types of leather from sun damage, fading, drying & cracking
- Restore - Safely removes dirt, soil & residue to soften, strengthen & moisturize neglected leather
This step is useful when you already have stubborn wet spots on your chair.
Just pour out some of the cleaning liquid on a clean cloth and wipe across your chair seat. The spot easily gets cleaned.
5. Use Beaded Covers
- EFFORTLESS MASSAGE - The Zone Tech massaging seat cover is the ultimate solution to alleviate pain and discomfort. The car seat cushion is designed to give you an effortless and gentle back and thigh...
- ► PREMIUM QUALITY - The Zone Tech massaging seat cover is constructed out of lightweight durable beaded seat. It is therapeutic and effective. The beads are double strung on heavy line to elongate...
- ► MUST HAVE The Zone Tech massaging seat cover is a total must have for secretaries, truckers, drivers and more. The neutral black color will blend into any chair you place it on. The universal fit,...
- ► EASY INSTALLATION - The The Zone Tech massaging seat cover is easy to install. It is an easy on and off with a bungee cord system. The cushion fits to almost all types of seat.
A perfect solution for your chairs is the wooden beaded covers easily available on several online stores.
These kinds of covers provide proper ventilation as well as a comfortable seat. With proper ventilation, sweat marks are barely visible on your chairs.
6. Ensure Proper Temperature
One of the biggest reasons a person sweats is the increase in temperature. The warmer the surrounding, the more a person is going to sweat. So to control that, you have to ensure a cool temperature in your office or home.
Keeping the AC on at a suitable temperature will ensure a cool atmosphere and prevent excessive sweating of a person.
So when people sweat less, there wouldn’t be the problem of sweat spots on chairs.
7. Have wipes with you
- Kills 99.99% of bacteria and viruses
- Botanical disinfectant with the active ingredient Thymol (a component of Thyme Oil)
- The germ-killing capability of thyme oil not only disinfects, it also infuses your home with the fresh botanical scent of the herb thyme
- Convenient wipes for daily touch-ups and tough cleaning jobs, clean and disinfect in one easy step
The easiest way is to clean your chair with wipes. Remember our first suggestion to avoid sitting at the same place for long hours?
Whenever you take a short break to get some fresh air and notice the wet spot, use your wipes and clean the seat.
By doing so, every time you get up, the chair remains clean, and the marks on it do not become a deep permanent stain.
Hygiene Solutions to Deal with Bum Sweat on Chair
Few everyday hygiene management methods can help a lot in reducing substantial amounts of bum sweat. However, if your body controls the sweat, the chairs will be saved a lot from its consequences!
Avoiding swampass is also important to avoid embarrassment and skin issues caused by it. In addition, accumulation of bacteria leads to several skin problems, and its prevention is of utmost importance.
Hence, down below, we have tried to provide all the ways to help you avoid excessive butt sweating.
Stick to using Cotton Underwear
- Lightweight jersey cotton blend with stretch
- Bikini-style panties
- Moderate coverage
It is essential to wear underclothes that are breathable and comfortable. Cotton keeps your body cool and allows air to pass.
If you are someone who works out a lot, then you can go for moisture-wicking materials. That would help to prevent moisture between buttocks.
Some of our suggestions for men are Hanes Men’s Comfort Flex Fit Total Support Pouch 3, Nike Men’s Training Boxer Briefs, Ejis Sweat Defense Boxer Brief.
Using an Antiperspirant is the Key
- Clinical Strength gives you 2X better sweat protection* (*Vs. the protection required of an ordinary antiperspirant)
- Sweat and odor are no match for Clinical Strength 48 hours of prescription-strength odor control and wetness protection
- Soothe and protect your underarms with Secret Clinical Strength Soft Solid, formulated with skin-soothing conditioners to minimize irritation and soothe dry, tender underarm skin
- Keep stress sweat in check with 3X the stress sweat protection* (*Vs. the protection required of an ordinary antiperspirant)
Using an antiperspirant is quite helpful for protecting your skin from rashes or infection due to sweating.
Not only does it protect your skin, but it even keeps it odor free which is a huge relief in itself. In addition, you can apply antiperspirants before planning to sit for a longer period.
Baby powders or even dry powders are helpful
- CHAFING TREATMENT: YOUR ONE STOP REMEDY FOR CHAFING, RUBBING, STICKINESS & ODORS. Our original formula body powder has a light, refreshing scent that is powerful enough to keep you dry and cool all...
- UNIQUE COOLING PROPRIETARY BLEND: Butt & Body is a unique blend of natural powders that absorbs sweat and prevents rashes and odors. Our talc free powder protects skin and avoids irritation and odors....
- ALL-NATURAL THERAPEUTIC FORMULA YOU CAN ACTUALLY TRUST: When it comes to body powders, we formulate using a blend of effective and safe natural powders. All of our foot and body products make a point...
- POWERFULLY DRY LUBRICATION & ODOR ELIMINATION: Of course, the wide array of natural ingredients in Butt & Body is designed to keep your skin dry and free of chafing, rubbing and odors. Use it daily...
Baby powder is beneficial when used to control excessive sweating.
These powders help to absorb excessive moisture caused by sweating and thus keep you dry.
What can be safer than a baby product anyway! It hardly ever causes any side effects since it is made for the delicate skin of a baby.
Change underwear in periodical gaps
Now, using cotton underwear is essential, but they get soaked up pretty soon due to the excessive moisture build-up.
Having an extra pair is a relief since you can just get changed whenever needed. In addition, this helps keep the bum region dry, and your pants won’t have those annoying wet spots.
Wear loose fitted clothing
Wearing loose fitted clothes prevents all sweating problems along with the butt region.
Loose clothes let air pass through your body easily keep you cool and dry. It prevents moisture from building up in your body.
Opt for panty liners (Only for Women)
Well, this option can be only for the ladies. Using a panty liner is a great option. Panty liners absorb all the sweat and keep you dry. They are an absolute relief when it comes to avoiding bum wet spots.
Try to buy the panty liners that are quite soft and organic for the usual ones that tend to get quite a mess when removing them. In addition, an organic one keeps your skin hygienic.
The Big “NOs” to Avoid Butt Sweat
As we have jotted down a few things to keep in mind to avoid bum sweat on chairs, here is a list of certain things that shouldn’t be done.
Do not use deodorants on your bums
Since deodorants are used to eliminate the odor coming from various parts of our body like the armpits and more, you may want to use them for your lower regions.
But an important thing to keep in mind is that the buttock region doesn’t have the apocrine glands, which means no odor.
And so, if you use deodorants for your butt region, the chemicals present in them for removing odors tend to affect your delicate skin.
Compromising on hygiene
Hygiene is an essential part of avoiding sweating.
This may be as simple as changing your clothes after a workout or any other activity involving too much sweat.
Even using body wipes is important. They keep your body clean and sweat-free. So not only does your body remain dry, but also there are lesser chances of rashes or infections.
We have provided very detailed information, to sum up our discussion on how to stop bum sweat on chairs and even listed products, along with their links that can be quite useful.
We want you to know that sweating is a natural process at the end of the day, and there is no need at all to be embarrassed about it. However, it can cause damage to your chair.
Consider these methods discussed in this article and we are sure you will benefit from them!
Feel free to share our article if you found it useful.
Recommended Articles to Read