If they don’t usually get in the way of your ability to tuck or work the chair beneath the desk, ergonomic armrests are a nice feature to have on an office chair.
A chair having flip-up arms can help you achieve the best of worlds if that describes you.
The armrests can be requested to swivel or fold away out of the way.
We’ll go through the best office chairs having flip-up arms in this guide, offer customer evaluations, and highlight the major advantages and main features that will make one of the seats on our list the ideal complement to your workspace.
High-Back Office Chair by StarSpace
- ⏩PAMPER YOURSELF WITH HIGH-END MATERIALS--Not all artificial leather is created equally. This executive desk chair is upholstered in bonded leather that is resistant to scratches, stains, peeling,...
- ⏩HIGHLY ADJUSTABLE, JUST CUSTOMIZED FOR YOU--Featuring a 360° swivel - height-adjustable mechanism - back angle and recline/rock system to rock back and forth at any angle up to 120°. Underneath...
- ⏩CERTIFIED COMFORT, INVEST IN QUALITY--Each part was carefully selected and finished to perfection. An investment that helps you worry less, and do more. Bonded leather material provides you with a...
- ⏩ EXTRA LARGE, EXTRA COMFORT--Specially designed for the big and tall person, supports up to 400 pounds. Featuring an oversized seat cushion (seat size: 20D" X 24W", 5" thick) and a heavy-duty metal...
The greatest executive office chair with flip-up arms overall, in our opinion, is the Starspace Chair.
One of the most well-rounded office chairs in its category is made up of a wide 5.5′′ thick seat, a sturdy backrest capable of tilting and reclining, and of course, simple folding away the main arms.
The amply padded kinds of armrests are highly adored because they are simple to remove when not required.
One pleased client even mentioned how simple it was to swivel the main arms to move closer to the desk, which was undoubtedly a selling element that made the difference.
The adjustable lumbar support of the main Starspace chair is another noteworthy feature.
In contrast to other executive leather seats, it protrudes enough to provide the lower back with useful support.
Another feature of note about this main chair is its adaptable tilt mechanism.
One owner said that by allowing them to rock while controlling their tension, it helped him with the back discomfort.
- Seat cushion is 5.5″ thick.
- Armrests that are padded firmly and simple to remove
- Comfortable, fresh-smelling leather
- The Armrests cannot be raised or lowered.
- Although the assembly instructions are straightforward, two people may be needed.
ErgoFlip Computer Chair by NOOHUS
- CONFORMS TO YOUR LIFE: With it’s 4D Adjustable Armrest and Lumbar System, ElastoMesh, 135 Degree Back Tilt, Smooth HydraLift, Dual Castors (and a set of hardwood floor Blade Castors) – it’s easy...
- EASE INTO WORK, OR PLAY: Mesh Headrest adjusts up and down while the 4D Adjust Arms go forwards, back, up, down, side to side, and rotate for the best fit to your body. 3D Lumbar Support hugs your...
- SOFT HD OFFICE CHAIR: Our breathable ElastoMesh provides optimal airflow to avoid sweating and sticking. But it’s also smooth, and nothing like sitting on wire like many of the chairs you’ll see...
- HEAVY DUTY: Our 5-Point Base with dual castors gives greater stability and strength over common 4-Point, single castor chairs. And our strong iron base makes this heavy-duty office chair ideal for...
The Nouhaus is one of the better options from an ergonomic and financial aspect for those who like a higher back alongside a breathable mesh covering on their office chair.
Using a smooth yncro tilt mechanism, the backrest tilts on the high end and may rock forth and back to provide consistent movements for your back.
Additionally, the Nouhaus has an in-built headrest that can be adjusted for angle, unlike many high back chairs.
One happy user claimed that this chair adapted to his main body and encouraged better posture in every way.
- Mesh that is permeable and has a built-in head rest
- All the parts are clearly labeled, making assembly simple.
- Non Adjustable lumbar support
- The chair is not adjustable for height chair arms
Mid-Back Mesh Office Chair by Hbada
- Home Office Desk Chair - Sleek design and simple adjustment mid-back desk chair. Match different decorative styles. Ergonomic backrest fit the natural curve of the lower back and take the pain of...
- Space Saving - You can flip the arms up and put the chair under the desk for saving space.Suitable for livingroom, study room, conference room and office
- Breathable - High density mesh back, flexible supportive, breathable. Designed to support your lower back
- Adjustable - Hbada home office task chair has a 120° tilt tension, pneumatic height adjustable from 16.5 inch to 19.5 inch, match different stature. Weight capacity: 250lb.
One of those inexpensive ergonomic office mesh chairs that outperforms its price is the Hbada work chair.
It fulfils every requirement for a quality mid-back office mesh chair while being reasonably priced.
First, a lot of people praised how simple it was for one to assemble this chair.
You only need one person for 20 minutes, and even then, take your time.
Next is the construction quality. The Hbada, which was previously evaluated, is surprisingly nicely made for a cheap chair.
No visible wobbles or squeaks indicate that the production process was given careful consideration.
One pleased owner remarked that the lumbar support was ideal for his persistent lower back problems.
The mesh back was even described as “bouncy and supportive” by one reviewer.
Additionally supportive and incredibly breathable, the mesh backrest.
The backrest may be tilted and rocked up to 35 degrees to give your back little movements.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to lock the angle in place.
- Exceptionally robust and well-made for a cheap chair.
- Easily put together
- Wheels that roll silently and smoothly
- Accommodates shorter people with a modest chair height
- Flip up kind of arms only extend to a height of 27.75″, which is lower than typical desk height.
- For taller or larger frames, not recommended
Furniture Flash Hercules
- When you spend more time in your office chair than your bed, a great chair is essential. This adjustable Big & Tall executive office chair boasts an adjustable headrest and generous padding in the...
- [_Our chair conforms to ANSI/BIFMA standard X5.1-17_] High back design with ratchet height adjustable headrest and built-in lumbar support, 360 Degree swivel seat with waterfall front edge reduces...
- Contoured back and seat with CAL 117 fire retardant foam and embellished mesh trim, LeatherSoft is leather and polyurethane for added Softness and Durability
- Contemporary style Big & Tall ergonomic task office chair for use in the office or home workspace
This sturdy chair’s incredible 500 lb. weight capability was specifically created with the tall and big in mind.
This chair is as sturdy as a rock, according to one client who weighed 460 lbs.
There are no creaks, moans, or support-related concerns.
The seat is undoubtedly of a heavy size with a 22.5′′ seat pan width and a 21′′ seat pan depth.
The seat won’t sag even under the heavy weight thanks to large cushions that measure 4 inches thick.
The Hercules’ flip-up kind of arms provide enormous users with more horizontal space, allowing them to spread out or carry out specific duties like playing instruments with ease, as one large user does.
The lumbar aid of the Hercules, in contrast to the Erogousit Chair, may be modified for stiffness, a feature typically found on more expensive ergonomic seats.
A few customers voiced concerns about putting the chair together and remarked that it takes practice and time to place all the main fittings correctly.
If you are willing to “work effectively with a friend,” the chair building process and the main anticipation will be cut in half.
The Hercules got your back if you’re big-boned.
- Excellent for heavy and tall users and constructed like a tank.
- Lumbar hardness can be adjusted using a dial to relieve lower back pain.
- 8-inch flip-up kind of arms and thick 4″ cushions
- The dimensions are too huge for little users.
- Unadjustable height of the armrest
Reception desk with flip-up armchair by Modway
- DURABLE OFFICE CHAIR - Featuring a sturdy two tone five-star nylon base with armrests that easily rotate up, Edge is a versatile modern desk chair that offers reliable support for everyday use.
- ERGONOMIC SUPPORT - Featuring a breathable mesh back, lumbar support, and padded waterfall leatherette seat, sit relaxed in a thoughtfully designed chair that adjusts according to your needs.
- OFFICE UPDATE - Refresh your office with a compelling seating choice that makes a sleek and stylish statement. Sitting atop five dual-wheeled casters, glide around any flooring surface with ease.
- SYNCHRONIZED TILT - Complete with synchro tilt and tension control that enables your feet to remain on the ground as you tilt backwards, Edge also features one-touch height adjustment.
A drafting chair is an excellent option if you happen to work in a studio, you should have a standing desk, or have a smaller workplace.
With its flip-up kind of arms that make it simple to enter and exit the main seat, the Modway drafting chair is a fantastic ergonomic chair for such areas.
You may quickly switch between main tasks or different heights of desks thanks to the arms’ 90-degree swivel up.
The ability of the arms to flip up, rather than just swivel well out of the way, is praised by one happy reviewer who has a bespoke tall desk.
Other chairs haven’t been capable of enabling users to sit closer to the desk like these ones do.
You may modify the stool’s one-touch adjustment to make the seat higher or lower to meet your needs.
The range is 21.5 to 29.5 inches above the ground.
You may effortlessly transition from a desk to a drafting table thanks to the dual-wheeled casters, a 360-degree swivel, and these features.
Some customers complain the footrest becomes very unstable after lengthy usage, but it is believed that this is an isolated incident that has no impact on the footrest’s functionality as a whole.
It is also believed that the main Modway is an excellent option for compact rooms if you’re looking for an ergonomic and affordable drafting chair.
- Height can be changed between 21.5″ and 28.5″ to accommodate most heights of desks.
- To get way closer to your desk, flip up your arms.
- A foot ring that can be raised or lowered by about 6 inches to fit the feet
- Arms cannot be raised or lowered.
- Several quality problems, including the lift sinking after a couple of months.
The aforementioned office chairs with flip-up arms all provide ergonomic solutions that won’t damage your back or your wallet, whether you’re tall and large, have a small desk, or simply desire to extend your reach without the armrests getting in your way.