Looking for a best office chair under $100? To be honest you would not be able to get the best chair under $100 because decent office chairs generally come in the range of $300-$500. The best chairs in the market comes with unmatched features and are obviously much more expensive like the Herman Miller Aeron.
However after spending 22 hours of research we have picked up some really good office chairs that are in the range of $100. These are basic chairs that would do the job for you but you cannot expect advanced features likes lumbar support, full recline, footrest or even adjustable armrests in these chairs.
Best Office Chairs Under $100 [Updated Jan 2022]
1. Furmax Office Mid Back Swivel Lumbar Support Chair
- 【Ergonomic Design】The overall design of this office chair is ergonomic, two lumbar supports on the backside of the chair back are not only for beautiful looking, when you lean in the chair, it...
- 【Thicker Cushion & Double Comfort】Compared with other ordinary office chairs, the cushion of this office chair uses high-density elastic sponge, which is softer, thicker and more comfortable, and...
- 【High-Quality Materials】In order to enhance customer’s experience when sitting in the chair, we adopt better materials to improve the comfort and stability of the chair. High-quality mesh...
- 【Free Adjustment & 360-Degree Movement】The height of the seat can be adjusted using the handle at the right bottom of the seat, meet different heights of desks. Also, you can tilt backward to...
If you are looking for a budget chair, this is one you can consider. This is a no-frill ergonomic office chair that is going to provide you with just the right amount of lumbar support.
The chair features a breathable mesh backrest and two lumbar wedge pieces that provide the required amount of lumbar rest.
The design of this piece is completely worth it if you consider the price it comes for! This is one of the best office chairs under $100.
This piece has been highly appreciated by most users. But if that’s not enough for you, know that it has A BIFIMA certificate with a maximum capacity of 265 lbs.
What more can you ask for in $100?
- The chair upholds the BIMA standard
- Super easy to setup
- The wedge-shaped lumbar support provides added comfort
- The armrest does not fit properly
- No headrest
2. Ergonomic Office Chair with Lumbar Support Arms
- DESIGNED TO UNWIND - This chair was designed for long-lasting comfort, specifically to alleviate the back pain that can result from long working hours. The generously padded backrest and seat cushion...
- SLEEK, MODERN DESIGN - Work in style at the office or at home with this ergonomically-designed, high-back office chair. Lined with soft PU leather that is both oil and water resistant, our chair is...
- CUSTOMIZABLE COMFORT - This chair is adjustable to suit your individual needs. Adjust the height and tilt to your preference, and enjoy full mobility on 360° swivel wheels.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICS - This chair was designed to meet everyone’s specific needs, measuring 20" (W) x 20" (D). The seat height can be adjusted from 19"-23" and the backrest measures 20"(W) x 28"(H).
The back curve of this chair, developed on the principles of physiology is ideal for dealing with back pain.
The chair also offers a free-lock mechanism which can be changed for leisure or for work.
The hand rests of this chair are also designed ergonomically, which offers added relaxation. In addition to the ergonomic design, the seat of this chair is soft made out of PU leather sponges and spring.
Not only will this state of the art office chair be ideal for work purposes, but you can also recline on this by pulling a lever placed in the side.
Made out of premium quality heavy duty base metal, this chair can lift weight up to 250lbs.
- Easy to set up
- Comfortable backrest and armrest
- The cushion provides proper support to the lower back, buttocks, and head
- The chair has easy to push wheels
- Some users feel the material is not strong enough
- The fixed armrest can be uncomfortable for few
- The seat and armrest cushion flattens out over time
3. Homall Gaming Office Chair – Best Gaming Office Chair under $100
- Selected Material: High density shaping foam, more comfortable, elasticity resilience and service life. 1.8mm thick steel frame, more sturdy and stable. Pu Leather, skin friendly and wear resisting.
- Upgraded Configuration: Class 3 gas lift, durable, reliable and supports up to 300lbs. Rubber casters, rolling quietly and tested by 1000 miles rolling.
- Multi Function: 360 degree swivel and multi direction wheels, load capacity: 300-pound maximum weight capacity. Recline function. Between 90 to 180 degree. Rocking function: chair can rock back and...
- Dimension: Size of back: 22.5 inch and 30.5 inch. Size of seat: 14.5 inch and 20.5 inch. Seat adjustable height: 17.3 to 21.5 inch.
A cheap office chair is not only effective for an office worker, but it is also ideal for an avid gamer!
If you are a gamer, you know how long you have to stay on that chair to beat your own high scores, and for you to play with full concentration, you need a chair that won’t kill your back!
You should look at Homall Gaming Office Chair as it is one of the best budget ergonomic gaming chair under this budget. This is a leather piece with a high-density shaping foam that is sure not to irritate your skin, even if you sit for hours together on it.
The 1.8 mm thick steel frame makes the chair strong and sturdy even when placed in one spot or moved across the room when required.
The rubber casters below help to move the chair across the room noiseless, so move around as much as you want at night! No one will wake up.
Tilt the backrest for the chair between the angle of 90-150 degrees. In fact, you can customize the tilt position (thanks to the tilt mechanism) to suit the graphics of the game you are on to.
For instance, the chair can be tilted enough to resemble a car race game, or even be used as a recliner during a lazy game!
The racer style back, lumbar support, and headrest take the gaming experience to the next level!
Finally, the chair can hold a weight of up to 300 lbs, so don’t worry, you won’t break it!
- The chair features a tilt lock mechanism
- The product has a wide reclining range from 90-150 degrees
- Offers great lumbar support
- Very thin seat cushion
- A tad bit difficult to set up
- The plastic armrest does not have padding
4. BERLMAN High Back Mesh Office Chair
[amalinkspro type=”showcase” asin=”B07DZP1B78″ apilink=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DZP1B78?tag=bestchairadvisor-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1″ new-window=”true” addtocart=”false” nofollow=”true” sc-id=”4″ imgs=”LargeImage” link-imgs=”false” specs=”Built-in lumbar support and headrest help you been in right sitting posture for protecting your neck and waist.~~~Integrated frame is stable and durable for using and contoured breathable mesh back make you feel comfortable during long time working.~~~Tilt Lock Mechanism with Tilt Tension Knob and Pneumatic Seat Height Adjustment will match different stature.~~~Fold up arms will be suitable for different scene.~~~Heavy duty base with smooth and silenced rolling PU caste” btn-color=”#ff9900″ btn-text=”Buy on Amazon” alignment=”aligncenter” hide-prime=”0″ hide-image=”0″ hide-price=”1″ hide-button=”0″ width=”750″]BERLMAN High Back Mesh Office Chair[/amalinkspro]
The key feature of this chair is its plush headrest which comes in addition to the in-built lumbar support. Together, these two features offer the optimum amount of backache reduction, which makes the chair perfect for tall people.
The chair has a curve which ensures that you are seated in a comfortable position all day long. Don’t you worry about getting all hot and sweaty after sitting on the chair for long hours, the chair’s backrest is made out of breathable mesh.
The very frame of the chair is made out of premium quality material that is both durable and long-lasting.
The multifunctional lever placed conveniently under the chair allows you to adjust the height, angle, and tilt of the seat. You can also choose to fold the armrest if you don’t want to use it.
Finally, moving around in this chair is not noisy, thanks to the PU casters places underneath.
- The chair is aesthetically pleasing
- A sturdy piece made with durable material
- Easy to assemble
- Ideal for tall people
- The seat is slim, not ideal for bulky people
- Some users complain that it gets squeaky with use
- The headrest cannot be adjusted
5. OFM ESS Collection Plush Microfiber Office Chair
This almost seems like a luxury chair made out of microfiber. There are quite a few color options for you to look into to suit your home office decor.
The chair is very comfortable, thanks to the suede material used on the seat and the suede padding underneath.
The best part about the chair is that the seat reclines and there are some height adjustments to make you feel comfortable all day long and to support your body weight.
In addition to your back and head, your arms are sure to feel comfortable in the soft padding fixed arms loop. Overall all the chairs look extremely sophisticated, and can carry a weight of about 250 pounds!
What’s to like?
- The material is comfortable and breathable
- Easy to assemble. The manual has very clear instructions
- Stable chair with a smooth feel
- Sufficiently padded seat and armrests
What’s not to like:
- Some users say that the chair tilts forward
- Not ideal for tall people (6 ft and more)
- Can be a tad bit difficult to clean
Things to look for while buying the best $100 office chair in 2021
By now you know which are the top five chairs in a $100 price range, choosing one that is ideal for you can be difficult. There are just so many features to consider!
Which one do you consider? Which to leave out?
These choices are difficult to make! To that end, we have made a list of a few must-look-into features.
If your office chair is not suited to your height, working on the same all day long can be extremely painful. You may experience pain in your shoulders, neck, and back.
The optimal position is when you can sit with both of your feet touching the floor and your thighs placed in a comfortable position.
Additionally, your shoulder, wrists, and arms should be placed on the desk comfortably, and your eyes should be on the level with the monitor.
Now, you might have to sit in that position for long hours, and thanks to WFH, those hours might even be extended.
Thus, it’s crucial to look for a chair that has a few adjustable options.
Since you will be seated on the chair for long hours, you would want the material to be comfortable. Ideally, the material should be breathable and ensure comfort.
This part can be tricky.
If you select a chair made with hard material, seating on that can be extremely painful after some time. On the flip side, if it’s too soft, it won’t be able to provide the required amount of support.
The seat padding that you choose is heavily dependent on you. So, stick to something that makes you comfortable. Ideally, the material that you select should be soft enough to be comfortable but hard enough to support your weight. Don’t forget about the material of the armrest though. That should also be made out of breathable and plush material.
There is no need to get carried away by expensive-looking leather chairs. Indeed they look very elite, but sitting on them for hours together can be very uncomfortable.
A fabric seating is much better than that and is always a durable option. Fabric seats are ideal for daily use, do not get cold like leather during winters, and are of course more comfortable and breathable during summer times. Plus there are multiple color options to choose from as well!
Yes, you are looking for the best budget ergonomic chair, but it does not mean that you overlook the built quality of a chair just because it is coming for a lower price!
A well-constructed, sturdy chair will, of course, last longer than one which has a wobbly built quality. Do not forget that you will be spending long hours on this chair. It has to be strong.
Of course, you won’t be sitting in one place throughout the day while working. You need to move around, and for that, your chair needs wheels.
This will keep the floor from scratching, and honestly, it’s fun!
Another reason to look into the built quality of the chair is to eliminate muscle pain. You don’t want your aching back to take your attention off an important PPT. So, don’t compromise on its built.
Your back not only supports you, but it supports your entire career, so take good care of it!
If you don’t get your back, who will? Thus it’s essential to get an office chair that provides the ideal lumbar support.
Lumbar support is crucial to reduce the strain on the lower back and the spine. The back of the chair supports the contour of your spine and helps in maintaining your weight.
[su_note note_color=”#66ffbe”]Pro note: While looking for a comfortable office chair, look at the curve of the seat area.[/su_note]
Though this is not a necessity, having it has an added advantage heightens your comfort level.
If you can remove your armrest from time to time, it will help reduce pressure on your lower back, neck, and shoulder. Plus it will support your upper body.
Once you change the position of your armrest, you can contour the position of your body.
Also, do not just opt for any armrest, ensure that the chair’s armrests are padded like your seat as well. If they are not but you really like the chair you can buy padded armrests separately.
If you select a chair that does not have an adjustable armrest option, then you might not be able to get as close to your computer as you want. This can be awkward and uncomfortable!
Width of the seat
Since you will be sitting on the chair for long hours, it’s sure to get very uncomfortable if the seat is not wide enough.
This is something that you need to look into since not all chairs in the market have wide seats. So make sure you check the dimensions before purchase.
Additionally, the depth of the chair should be enough to help you rest your back on, and your knees should be about 2 to 4 inches away from the seat.
Obviously, you won’t be sitting in one place even if you are working from home. In fact, it’s impossible to do it, and admit it, it’s fun to swirl in your chair now and then!
Thus, having wheels on your chair is a good idea. However, the type of wheels you want will depend on the flooring material. For instance, if your desk is on a hard surface, then get a chair that has rubber wheels. If the surface is carpeted, then it’s a good idea to have hard wheels.
[su_note note_color=”#66ffbe”]Pro tip: Ensure that the wheels are of good quality and do not suffer from any functionality issues. [/su_note]
The chairs listed above are in the range under $100. Ofcourse there are expensive ones available in the market as well however, if you are on a budget and would like a good quality chair within $100, the chairs listed above are just perfect for you.
A back in chronic pain can go a long way to damage your productivity level. So don’t ignore it when there is time. Honestly, jobs will come and go, but a damaged lumbar is going nowhere. There is no quitting from it, unfortunately. So make sure that you buy the best office chair under $100 but the right one that suits your requirement.