If you just opened a new office space and have been advised to invest in the Herman Miller Aeron chair, you probably would have asked: “Are old Herman Miller Aeron chairs worth it?” Well, we are glad you are here to find out!
We have asked many Herman Miller users about their experience with Aeron, and this article will highlight their experiences and help you make an informed decision about these chairs.
What Is the Herman Miller Aeron Chair?
The Herman Miller Aeron chair is an ancient lineup in the company’s portfolio. While the Aeron Miller is relatively old, it is the widely preferred choice of many users today. It is generally considered the standard chair, especially in American offices.
In 2010, it was named “America’s best selling chair.” The design behind the Aeron is hinged on the concern for the back of those who sit for long hours. The chair designers, Bill Stumpf and Don Chadwick, interviewed many retirees before manufacturing the chairs. Through the interviews, they found out that an ideal chair should be easy to get in and out of, joint-friendly, and maintain a cool temperature. So, it is safe to say that the Aeron Miller is a chair built to serve its users!
The Aeron chair comes with an 8z Pellicle Membrane with eight different pressure points. The pressure points allow users to be very comfortable. The staple posture fit SL widely used in Herman Miller chairs is also present in the Herman Miller Aeron.
- Your purchase includes One Herman Miller Aeron Ergonomic Chair – Size C, graphite color
- Chair dimensions: 43" H x 28.25" W x 18.5" D. Seat heights: 16”-20.5”.
- Tilt Limiter lets you set the recline range at one of three postures. Tension control lets you adjust the amount of effort needed to recline comfortably. Seat Angle Adjustment changes seat angle from...
- Try the Adjustable PostureFit Sacral/Lumbar support. Two individual pads flex independently and can be adjust to fit the curve of your spine
Pros Of The Herman Miller Aeron Chair
Some of the advantages of this chair include:
Herman Miller, as a company, is known to value its customers. So, when you purchase an Aeron chair, you are sure to get one of the best warranties in the industry. You will get a twelve-year warranty on the chair, covering every aspect of the chair, including the mesh. Hence, when anything goes wrong with your chair within twelve years, the broken part will be replaced. Alternatively, they can send a technician to fix the seat for you.
When you order the Aeron chair, you get it in a fully assembled form at your doorstep. This relieves the stress of reading through a manual to assemble the chair. There is also a thirty-day refund policy. If anything goes wrong within thirty days, the chair will be replaced. One of the benefits of having a fully assembled chair delivered is the freedom it gives you in case of a return. So, if you have to return the seat by any chance, you don’t have to spend hours dismantling it.
2. Quality Build
Both critics and lovers of Herman Miller admit that their chairs are one of the best in the world. You will be getting one of the best chairs in the market when you buy an Aeron Miller. We tested more than fifty chairs, yet Aeron Miller came out on top. The seat parts fit together smoothly, and the design is very catchy. The design of the Aeron is so attractive that it was featured in the Museum of modern art. In summary, you are getting a flagship chair when you purchase the Aeron.
- 【Simple & Elegant Design】This desk chair design is sleek and simple. It is an adjustment mid-back desk chair. This home office chair is a perfect match to any space: livingroom, study room,...
- 【Extra Comfort】Ergonomic backrest fit the natural curve of the lower back and take the pain of spinal away from your body. Adjustable lumbar support can adapt to different groups of people. High...
- 【Space Saving】The home office chair comes with 90° adjustable armrests which can be flipped up or down. This office chair can fit nicely under the desk and save space; or provide comfort when you...
- 【Height Adjustable】Sytas adjustable desks chair for home office has a 120° rocking style, you can control it by adjusting the tension knob and adjustable rod at the bottom of the cushion....
3. Fully Adjustable Armrests
When buying the Aeron, we encourage you to get the fully adjustable armrests. With the armrests, you will be getting a three-way adjustment feature. This means you can adjust the height, depth, and pivot. This allows you to move and rest your arms in any position you prefer. The components do not provide width adjustment. However, the pivot adjustment makes up for it sufficiently. The arm caps are very soft and comfortable when you rest your hands on them so that you won’t feel numb due to extended usage.
4. Back Support
The Aeron chair also presents you with different options to choose from regarding back support. The chairs make use of the natural curve of the back for the provision of a backrest. There is also a height-adjustable lumbar system. This covers a considerable portion of your back. It also gives you depth control for the lumbar adjustment. In summary, the Aeron excels when it comes to back support. We tested a lot of other chairs, and none came pretty close in terms of lumbar support.
Cons of the Aeron Chair
Here below are the cons of the Aeron chair:
1. Chair Seat
While the Aeron is an excellent chair, some users might not find the seat very comfortable. The seat doesn’t provide seat depth adjustment. While the seats come in three different sizes, none of them has a seat slider or any adjustment. This is a problem, whether you prefer your seat to be longer or shorter. The seat’s front edge constantly pokes the legs’ back, which can be uncomfortable for many people.
Another disappointment in the Aeron seat is the plastic framing around its sides. The design makes the seat cradle you instead of giving you a full flat experience. This means you don’t get a lot of wiggle room when you are seated.
2. Back Rest
The backrest on the Aeron isn’t very comfortable for everyone. This is because of the big frame and no back height adjustment. Some people who used the seats confirmed that they could feel the seat’s frame on their back. This causes a lot of discomfort. Due to the lack of adjustable height, users can’t adjust the seat to prevent the frame from touching their upper backs. If the user moves around a lot when sitting, this can cause many problems.
- 【Comfortable Mesh Chair】This stretchable mesh office chair provides all-day comfort and support by the use of a high-density mesh seat. The breathable mesh computer chair with strong tensile...
- 【Ergonomic Office Chair】This ergonomic office chair is based on a dynamic digital model of the human body. This ergonomic desk chair can adjust the headrest, backrest, armrests and height to meet...
- 【Heavy Duty & Durable Wheels】The mesh desk chair's gas lift cylinder and tilt mechanism provide sturdy and stable sitting experience. The ergonomic office chairs can easily hold up to 330 lbs. The...
- 【Adjustable Headrest & Armrests Office Chair】The high back office chair use big cuved mesh headrest to provide more comfortable neck and head support. This high back task chair uses durable 3D...
So, are old Herman Miller Aeron chairs worth it? Absolutely! Nonetheless, your personal preferences matter when considering this chair. But remember, the Aeron Miller offers lumbar support, fully adjustable armrests, and a quality build. Yes, you can’t go wrong with the Aeron Miller.