Gaming chairs are both fashionable and comfortable. And when it comes to comfort, most gamers are concerned about their back. So, one question often asked is: “Are gaming chairs good for your back?” If you are looking for a gaming chair to support your back, you are probably here to find the answer to that question.
Poor posture undoubtedly leads to poor performance, strains joints, and makes it harder for the body to obtain sufficient oxygen. Thus, in this article, we’ll explain if gaming chairs suit your back. We will also highlight how this chair helps improve work performance.
Can Your Posture Influence How Well You Perform?
People with good body posture are much more proactive and focused on achieving their goals. Sitting in the wrong way can lead to depression and anxiety, which is unsuitable for professional career development.
Does a Gaming Chair Help Your Back?
Yes, gaming chairs are helpful for your back, particularly when compared to a less expensive desk or task chair. Gaming chairs feature an elevated backrest and a neck cushion suitable for supporting the back and helping gamers stand upright.
How Do Gaming Chairs Protect the Back?
The contour back pad of gaming chairs is relaxing, enabling gamers to maintain energetic, balanced postures. The neck, the middle back, and the lower back are all parts of the spine.
A better and healthier lumbar curve is between 25-degree and 45-degree. Lumbar support in the gaming chair helps to maintain that curve. A 100-degree to about 130-degree recline minimizes lumbar disc tension. The arms that can be moved help the shoulders and give the back more assistance.
What’s Distinctive About Gaming Chairs From Regular Desk Chairs?
The table below shows the direct comparison between the desk and gaming chairs. This will help determine which is ideal for you and whether you should purchase a gaming chair.
|Headrest||Does not have a headrest.||An adjustable headrest is fixed to fit the user’s head position.|
|Lumbar Support||Back support that is fixed and built-in||Lumbar support is fixed, adjustable, or self-adjustable, with a cushion that can be removed.|
|Armrests||1D or 2D armrests||Most often, 3D or more advanced|
|Styling||Specific design||Colors and designs that stand out|
|Seat Edge||Curved edge||Slightly raised edge|
|Seat Pan||Flat||Bucket seat|
|Backrest Recline||Not more than 110 degrees.||High level of recline with about 180-degrees recline.|
- Designed for All-Day Gaming: 110-degree shoulder arches and wide 54-cm seat base ensure optimal weight distribution for long-lasting comfort during gaming marathons
- Built-in Lumbar Arch: Feel less fatigued over long periods with the lumbar curve that gently supports your lower back and encourages sitting in a neutral position
- Optimized Cushion Density: Unparalleled comfort with a softer seat base for a cushier feel and a firmer seat backing for solid support
- Dual-Textured, Eco-Friendly Synthetic Leather: Core areas of the chair are covered in a plush textured fabric for more refined comfort, while the outer edges are lined with smooth leather to better...
Advantages of Gaming Chair
Correct posture helps keep the back muscles upright to carry the body’s weight. The healthier your posture gets, the longer you sit in the right way. With a gaming chair, you will fix your posture and gain other advantages, including:
1. Enhance Energy Rate
When the body is in the proper position, the muscles don’t have to work hard, giving more energy to do other things.
2. Enhance Nutrient Absorption
Bad posture affects your back and puts pressure on your organs, influencing how well they work.
3. Reduce Cramps
Bad posture stresses the nape of the head, which can cause tension headaches.
4. Other Benefits
- Correct posture improves mood, energy, and productivity.
- The effects of a gaming chair are maximized when used correctly.
- Muscles may be uncomfortable at first.
- Muscle soreness decreases
- The chest region, back, and posterior region muscles are strengthened.
Tips on How to Get the Most Out of Your Gaming Chair
Below are the right ways to use a gaming chair:
- Sit uniformly throughout the seat to spread your weight out equitably.
- Change the chair’s height so the knees will fold at their correct angle.
- Position your feet firmly on the floor, and don’t cross them while sitting.
- Move your seat nearer to the table and change your screen’s height to your head.
- Let your forearms rest just on the armrest of the gaming chair and loosen your shoulders.
- This gaming chair is bigger and better with more durable, thicker segmented padding with higher density endurance foam support
- Recline anywhere between 90 to 155-degrees with the infinite angle lock
- The built-in footrest extends from beneath the seat when you need it and neatly folds back up when you don't
- This video game chair features two layers of foam with a plush top layer and an endurance foam bottom layer for a long-term upgraded seating experience
What to Look Out for When Searching for the Best Gaming Chair to Help Relieve Back Pain In 2022?
1. Ability to Change and Last
Think about how the gaming chair can be adjusted. Some chairs let you adjust the height and tilt in a range of ways, while others don’t let you do as much. Also, search for a chair with a protection plan to be confident that it will last even if you use it a lot.
2. Compatibility and Pricing
If you plan to use your gaming chair for other things, like watching TV or listening to music, you should ensure it has speakers built-in. A good, quality gaming chair can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to more than a thousand.
3. Lumbar Support
Another essential factor to consider is lower back support. Lumbar support is the core component of a chair that keeps your back upright, which is very relevant if you want to prevent back pain. Make sure the chair you choose has excellent lumbar support so you can feel comfy when sitting.
Convenience is one of the most important things to consider when looking for a gaming chair. Most people spend about eight hours a day sitting on low-grade desk chairs. These people will eventually develop poor posture. Poor posture leads to poor job performance, strains joints, and makes it harder for the body to get enough oxygen. The spine can be curved, and the body’s muscles tightened in this position. Therefore, you should always ensure that the chairs you want to buy are well-padded and shaped to accommodate your body. Gaming chairs fit in here.
- 【Excellent After-Sales Service】: We stand behind our products and offer free replacement or money back for any reason within 30 days, and 36 months on parts. If you're not satisfied with your...
- 【Ergonomic 3D Lumbar Pillow】: Made of shaped foam, our lumbar cushion is designed to support your natural lumbar curve, providing all-day comfort and easing back pain. The thick, dense memory foam...
- 【The Gaming Chair You've been Looking for】: Our chair offers a range of customizable features to help you find your perfect comfort position. The 360° swivel, 12° rocking function, and...
- 【Extraordinarily Sturdy】: Our chair is built to last, with a strong integrated metal frame and heavy-duty nylon base that can support up to 330lbs. The backrest and seat cushion are reinforced...
So, are gaming chairs good for your back? Absolutely! Gaming chairs are a great way to help people with sitting disorders. Whether your job lasts only a few hours or longer, a gaming chair can support your back and allow you to stand upright. Gaming chairs strengthen the core muscles and tendons, making users feel extra alert. With it, your health will improve, and you will become more productive.